Saturday, April 21, 2012

Budget

The budget is the hardest thing to get through.  I am fortunate enough to have been offered $6,000 from my mother (I think she's happy I won't end up an old maid) for my dream wedding.  At first, this seemed like it would cover everything I would want.  I didn't want the big fancy super formal wedding.  I'd been to those weddings--many times over.  The floor length bridesmaids dresses; the 8-person round tables with a square overlay matching the bridesmaids dresses; two to five votive candles with a floral centerpiece.  Because I knew I couldn't spend what all my friends and my sister spent on their wedding, I didn't want to compete with that same look.

Even before I was engaged (he took too long!  lol), I created a general budget.  I'll reveal my excel insanity in its entirety later, but for now, I'll keep this simple.


As you can see, I'm already over budget based on estimates alone.  I figured I would have to make those tough calls when they come--borrow a veil, rent lighting that is less than "the vision," etc.  But because I didn't know what everything would cost, this was the best I could do for now.  This is based off a 60-80 person wedding.

So that is what I'm working with for now.  I'll blog about the various vendors and where I get all my decorations and rentals and hopefully stay in my budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment